Dance Wear Information
Dancers are expected to wear the appropriate dance shoes for classes and performances.
These shoes are often difficult to size properly, so please see our sizing guides below when ordering online. Please check with an instructor before class to ensure the new shoes fit properly. Dance shoes should be labeled with the dancers' name.
Check with an instructor before ordering shoes for a distributor discount.
Girls Soft Shoes
How to lace Ghillies
Many families choose to replace the laces with thin elastics so that the dancer doesn't need to tie their shoes. The shoes are laced the same way.
Ghillies - Antonio Pacelli SIZING: 1.5-2 sizes smaller than street shoe
Ghillies - Company Members - Antonio Pacelli Elite SIZING: 1-2 sizes smaller than street shoe
Ghillies can also be purchased locally at the Oxford Hall Celtic Shop in New Cumberland.
Boys Reel Shoes
Worn by the boys, the reel shoes are also made of soft leather and are fitted with a fiber glass heel.
Boys steps in higher levels incorporate sound from the heel into their movements.
Boys Reel Shoes - Beginner 2B and above
Boys Jazz Shoes - Beginner 1A and 1B
The price of hardshoes vary with the quality of the fiberglass in the toes and heels. More expensive glass makes higher quality, louder sounds. Dancers usually train 3+ years in soft shoe before they can earn hard shoes.
Hardshoe Brands: Rutherford, Fays, Antonio Pacelli, Corrs - Order from Keily's
When your dancer is ready to perform with us, they will need to purchase a costume. Our dancers will wear this costumes every time we make an appearance, so they will get good use.
Beginner Jumper - Cost: $100
Includes Embroidered Satin Dress, cape, and Blouse.
Novice Dress - Cost: $400
Includes dress and headband.
Does not include tights, bloomers, or dress bag.
Beginner Cummerbund: $25
Novice Cummerbund and cuffs: $50
Does not include dress shirt.
Please note the costume policies and proper care for handling of the costume.
· Please do not arrive at performance in costume.
· Girls must have a backup pair of tights and always bring them to shows!
· Dancers are responsible for ordering replacements if any costume elements are lost.
· Dancers may wear their costume when performing outside of Rebel Heart, but Miss Stephanie would like to approve your dance routines!
· Be sure to air out the costume after performances, and when not in use, stiff dresses should lay flat. If hung, panels will bend and become misshapen.
· Girls who wear their dress without a blouse should wear a gel based deodorant to avoid staining the dress.
· Stiff panel dresses can be ironed, but use care - don't iron directly on any sequins as they WILL melt.
· It is the responsibility of the costume owner to make any repairs or alterations.
· Embroidered costumes can not be washed or dry cleaned, but they can be spot cleaned.
Tights and More
Girls are required to wear spaghetti strap leotards for shows. Tank top or t-shirt style will not be permitted.
Leotards, Tights and Bloomers:
Girls Style 1 Girls Style 2 Girls Style 3 Girls Bloomers
Adult Style 1 - Can be ordered in black and nude
Adult Tights from Discount Dance
TIGHTS MUST BE OPAQUE! PLEASE, NO CONTROL TOP STYLE.
Girls nust have a back up pair of tights to bring to shows.
RHID Gear from Alice's Alterations
Dance Bags, sweatshirts, rhinestone class wear, and everyone's favorite red fleece jacket. Please download the form and order by mail direct from Alice.